Finance Team Leader
Exelia is a consulting company with strong growth track record, specialising in policy advisory and project management services in European R&D and territorial cooperation projects. The company has 30 collaborators and currently manages/participates in 35+ European projects. 75% of the company turnover comes from international sources. We are a leading player in the core programs we have a presence. Our passion is to learn, develop and evolve while remaining a neatly collaborative team with empathy, very good work relations and environment, focused on innovation and policy change. We seek a company finance manager to coordinate the company’s financial team (~60% devoted to management/quality assurance and ~40% devoted to implementation).
- Oversees and leads the company’s finance, accounting, and tax compliance functions (3 persons)
- Monitors and leads accounting and tax compliance and reviews all tax returns, reconciliations and payments (collaborating with companies’ external accountants) and supervises the quarterly closing procedure
- Updates the internal financial management information, produces/updates company financial indicators and coordinates ad hoc and regular financial reporting to management
- Leads the preparation of the forecasting exercises and conducts analysis of actual costs/revenues vs. forecast or prior years
- Provides strategic advice to the management on financial strategy
- Ensures the budget development of 10-15 EU project proposals per year and the financial monitoring of the ongoing projects
- Coordinates and provides support on data analysis to other company teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field (such as mathematics or engineering, etc.)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant role (necessarily in small business environments and preferably in knowledge services)
- In-depth knowledge of Greek GAAP, accounting & tax legislation
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting
- Master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, to plan personal and team workload effectively and to delegate
- Strategic analytical and critical thinking
- Effective negotiation, communication and cooperation skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate and motivate individuals and teams to achieve goals
- Customer centricity and focus to quality
- Proficient user of MS Office
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language, both written and oral.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with a very competent, innovative team within the consulting industry
- Chance to make a real impact on the company’s financial success
- Room for growth and advancement within the organization
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge organisations and companies from across Europe.